Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dating

Blake & I got married last month and you want to know a secret? We are still dating.

Doesn't that sound crazy? Well in a way it is because to most people dating is something you do before you get married. But we aren't dating other people, we are still dating each other. This idea came to us during pre-marital counseling and we both make an effort to go on a date at least every other week.

Think about your relationship when you first started dating someone. When it's right it's always so exciting and fun and you constantly find out more information about the other person. That's what our dating is about... and we have rules.
1) We make our dates just for us. We are so busy going in 20 different directions all week so it's nice to  have one evening where it's just the two of us together.
2) We don't cook. A date consists of getting out of the house for more than three hours. We don't cook, we have someone do that for us.
3) Others don't intrude on our dates. Cell phones don't become a distraction when we're on a date because it's our time to spend together.
4) We enjoy it!

I know, we're newlyweds without kids... just how difficult is it to spend time together? It's actually really hard. With our schedules I usually see Blake for about 2 hours a day during the week. And only on Sundays on the weekends. I know that schedule isn't permanent but it does make life a little hard right now.

So we're married and we're still dating and I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: