Momma & I went to the City Hotel the other day and sat down with the event planner to discuss the menus and decor for the reception. Of course after absolutely being shell-shocked by the price of everything (I mean, Blake & I don't spend $35 per person for a nice dinner... why would we spend that for our wedding?!?) we finally decided on a menu for our buffet (yes, not a seated dinner, sorry kids)...
Tossed Greens Salad, Chicken Breast Forentine, Broccoli, Bacon & Cheddar Salad, Sweet Pea & Carrot Salad, Twice Baked Potato, and Green Bean Amandine.
Now, I was looking at most of the stuff on the menu we could choose from and had no clue what it was. I know if I didn't know what it was there was little likelihood that Blake would know what it was much less eat it. And now that wouldn't be cool would it?
The one entree option serves two purposes: 1. It's cheaper but 2. It cuts down on the amount of food wasted. I can't stand to see food thrown away and that's what would happen because people would put it on their plates and not be able to eat it. I hate that.
The Twice Baked Potato is in honor of Blake and his love of potatoes. And the salad is in honor of my mom... because basically that's all she eats.
So come hungry ya'll! There'll be plenty of food and drinks... yes drinks. More on that later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment