Thursday, June 17, 2010

"New" House Update

We are almost two weeks in to our Complete Condo Renovation 2010 and we can kind of sort of see some progress. Sort of.

It's really hard to see progress when your main living area looks like this...
and this...
But we have the two bedrooms painted and I LOVE them! We painted the Master a light sage green on two walls then a gray-creamy color on the other two. We're not exactly interior designers but it's not overwhelmingly green. It will go beautifully with our new bedspread and bed. The guest room is a very crisp, clean blue gray.


 And do you notive that white crown molding up next to the ceiling?!? How about that! A childhood friend and neighbor of ours came over yesterday and put up the molding in the two bedrooms. We are so excited about that! He did a great job and we think it really makes the room.

My dad came over Tuesday afternoon and worked with Blake on our BEST addition so far... 


OMG! I am SOOO excited! When we first moved in I didn't think a microwave over the stove was a possibility because there wasn't already one... and I mean why would people NOT want to save countertop space? Well, 2 years later I finally got Blake to buy me one... so bye bye old yellowed microwave that doesn't rotate..
and HELLO more counter space and Kitchen Aid mixer! I'm soo excited...

So let's visit the check list..

Paint Master BR ... check
Paint Guest BR ... check
Order Carpet ... check
Order Countertops ... check (plus more to come on these!)
Crown Molding ... check
New Microwave ... check
Measure Carpet ... check
Install Carpet
Measure Countertops
Install Countertops
Buy Blake's TV ... check
Install Blake's TV
Buy Furniture ... mostly check
New Water Heater
Potty Train Lilly so she doesn't mess up the new carpets .... 1/4 of a check :/


No comments: