Thank God it didn't rain today. When I first checked today's weather (like 10 days ago, thank you 10 Day Forecast on weather.com) it said there was a 60% chance of rain. And then it was 40% and then 20%. I mean 20% is still a one in five chance but come on, this is Eastern North Carolina. And it's summer. And I'm pretty sure that every summer day in ENC has a 30% chance of rain. So to sum it up, it didn't rain today and I'm grateful.
I got started early and had me some Bojangle's because we all know that's what brides should be eating to fit into that dress... and then went to have my hair did. My hair is not very cooperative being it is super fine and thin and does not agree with humidity. It took 3 hours to do my hair which put us super late getting to Bath. But we got there and Aunt Sylvia and Mrs. Dawn helped me in to my dress. Momma was sidelined but did her best to capture pictures. Ginny was fabulous and went with Aunt Sylvia to find places to take pictures.
Have I mentioned how much I love Ginny? She's great! We took some pictures next to a weeping willow tree (how much more Southern can we get?!?) then in a beautiful yard, by an old church, and then at the point looking out on the river. OHHHH! And then we took a picture next to Uncle Jamie's tractor. Blake had the idea to get me on my daddy's tractor but the logistics just didn't work so Uncle Jamie's was easier. But all the adult women (yea, I'm not an adult yet) thought it was just horrible for me to get on a tractor in my wedding dress.... so we compromised and I'm in front of it. I think they might be some of my favorites.
I can't wait to see the pictures but it's definitely a big secret to keep them from Blake.. he's going to love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment