I feel really productive this week! We've done well getting the house together and I've actually gotten some wedding work accomplished!
Monday after I left school (and signed my contract for another year with BCS!) I met Mrs. Dawn to look at invitations. We found one we both loved pretty quickly but finding the font was the hard part. After a few discussions and phone calls to The Momma, we agreed on the wording and hopefully the font will turn out beautiful. We're waiting on the samples to be sure of exactly what we want.
Blake, his mom, and I met with Aimie of Aimie's Sweet Treats in Robersonville Wednesday morning to discuss our wedding cake. I'm a plain and simple kind of gal (really? My mom begs to differ.) so we're going to have a pretty plain and simple kind of wedding cake. It's going to be white cake (who dislikes that?!?) with white icing. There will be 6 layers (yea, I'm a little extravagant) and each one will be decorated with a different white icing piping design. Daddy has to build us a pedestal that we will cover with a table cloth and adorn with flowers and maybe lights. What got me was that the pedestal has to be able to hold at least 100 pounds! OMG! Over 100 pounds of cake! Ya'll better come with your sweet teeth in hand to eat all that cake!
Then we went to Smithfield (because I mean, I needed to spend some more money after the cake and invitations this week...) where I found the jars for our candy buffet. I'm pretty stoked about this. As much as my daddy and I love candy, I had to throw in the candy buffet. We'll probably be hanging out over there instead of at the actual food buffet.
No comments:
Post a Comment