Sunday, May 26, 2013

Clomid Effects

I am 5 days post Clomid and all I have to say is WHEW! My poor students have definitely gotten the brunt of the mood swings... One of them asked a question and I totally bit his head off. (Granted it was a stupid question but do you know how many stupid questions I get asked in a day?!?) Thankfully the mood swings haven't been too bad but they haven't been the only side effect.

Headaches - I had a pretty constant headache Wednesday - Friday. So bad that I woke up Thursday and wouldn't dare put my contacts in. I almost felt like a migraine was coming on. (No bueno.) I was afraid to take anything for it because I know certain pain medicines may affect Clomid's effectiveness. So killer headache + students = an interesting day.

Pain - TMI but my ovaries have hurt. Like seriously. I hate to complain about it because I take the pain as a sign that the Clomid is working but they hurt. Mostly on the right but on the left a little too. I've also had increased pain in my lungs which worries me. I had a collapsed lung in 2009 and they couldn't find any real cause. The Dr then told me it could be endometriosis in the lung. Since I was on birth control they didn't worry any more about it because that's the best way to keep it in line. However now that we want to be pregnant endometriosis is no good. I figure if this cycle is a bust then I'll mention it to my Dr and see if she wants to explore that route.

Fatigue - I have been super super tired. Like I come home and can't find the energy to cook tired. We've run through CookOut like 3 times this week. (Can't beat $10.98 for tons of food!) Good thing we have a holiday weekend and I've been able to take lots of naps ;)

Overall Clomid hasn't been too bad. I'm hopeful for this cycle but we will see. I woke up this morning and I was immediately told, "Take it day by day." That's what my roommate told me when I started dating Blake 7 years ago. I took our relationship day by day and it blossomed into something amazing. We'll keep trucking through day by day and see where this journey takes us next.

No comments: