Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Insurance Plans...

This past Saturday I went to pick up the Provera and Clomid. Provera is an extra high dose of estrogen that is to help induce a period and wow! It hit me like a ton of bricks... I have had hot flashes all week and my moods are all over the place. I feel sorry for my students this week because I'm probably nice one minute and a complete bitch the next... And poor Blake has had to deal with me. But what really got me was that our wonderful State Health Plan denied the Clomid. We are currently getting the Prior Approval completed so we can get that filled. I'm just hoping we can get it done in time to use this cycle! Eeek!

Since we started TTC I've charted by temperature when I wake up first thing every morning. That also meant that I was carrying my handy thermometer on every trip... Charlotte, New York City, Topsail, Charleston, Washington DC.... That is one well-traveled thermometer! I know a lot of people feel like I was over planning and working myself up BUT I know my body. I know that from age 11 to 17 I had MAYBE a total of 8 periods. Birth Control did wonders for me and made me feel like my body was doing what it was supposed to. I'm just hoping now that my body responds as well to the new hormones and does what it is supposed to do.

I've also researched the coverage on the State Health Plan for Infertility... $5,000 lifetime maximum. Thanks NC for treating your teachers so well. Apparently we are only supposed to have the students in our classrooms as our children. *Fingers Crossed* and lots of prayers that the Clomid does the trick and we don't need to worry about using up our max coverage.

No comments: