Friday, May 10, 2013

Mr. Pais

Last week my "first born" turned 6. That same night Blake found a lump under his rib cage near his belly. I wanted to believe it was just a fatty deposit but I was driving myself crazy thinking it was something else. We went Tuesday for a check up and the Dr said it was too hard to be a fatty lump. UGH! So we immediately scheduled his surgery for next week since my brother was coming in to town Friday. The wait was eating me up though so I called the next day and had it scheduled for today.

I was a hot mess when I dropped him off this morning. It was all I could do to get out of there without bawling. I cried all the way to school on the phone with Blake. I called the Vet 3 times to check on him. I was there right at 4 to pick him up. The Vet Tech pulled me aside when we got there and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you this but it was just a fatty lump." PRAISE THE LORD!

We've been going through a lot lately. May has been a rough month for a lot of reasons and this was the good news we needed. We'll keep an eye on him for awhile and if more lumps come up we'll have them tested before major surgery again. I'm so glad he is healthy and should be back up for some ball-playing soon!

No comments: