Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wedding Gown, Check! Bridesmaid Dresses, Check Check Check Check!

You may have noticed through the lack of recent posts that Christmas break is over and I am back in the swing of full-time teaching. (Gone are the days of sleeping in... le sigh...)


Over Christmas break though my mom and I were able to take a day trip to Burlington. We'd heard about a huge store there with tons of gowns to choose from. (And the sentimental fact that my mom got her dress at a different store in Burlington 27 years ago...) We go in and it is completely different than the store in Smithfield or David's Bridal. The most obvious difference is the fact that the dressing room is one large open room and all the girls get dressed together. I'm not too self-conscious but I really don't like being in a bra and undies in front of girls I don't even know. (At least I did remember to wear granny panties and not a thong... mom would have been TOTALLY embarassed, so you're welcome mom!)


So anywho, we tried on probably 15 dresses that day and then went back to the one we LOVED in Smithfield. Burlington only had it in a size 14. So I tried it on in a 14, used tons of clips to keep it up, and I still LOVED it. Even 4 sizes too big. We ordered the dress that day and got it $125 cheaper than in Smithfield. I was stoked.


A few weeks have passed and I can't wait for my dress to come in. I think it should arrive around April--what a great birthday present! We've only had one snafoo since... Meghan & I went to Smithfield for BM dresses. I wanted to show her my dress. So I went to look for it in a size 6 and COULDN'T FIND IT! Turns out the dress I tried on there was an 8. We ordered the WRONG SIZE! But leave it to mom to save the day and we paid $50 for a re-stocking fee and got the correct size ordered. Whew! (So what if we only ended up saving $75... I'm only $1,000,000 over budget anyways...)


This past weekend all my bridesmaids got together in Smithfield and we ordered dresses. I'm stoked that they all could get together at the same time. Meghan & I had narrowed down our choices and with my mom's help (and Julie, our model) we had one picked out in 30 minutes. That's what I'm talking about! So all my girls will be wearing this beautimous dress in eggplant...
They will probably also come in about the same time leaving plenty of time for alterations and such. So I'm set and my girls are set.

No comments: