Monday, January 4, 2010

Honeymoon: Check!

So what that we don't have a reception location, we've just now set the date, we don't have any of the big stuff done but we have booked our HoNeYmOoN!! We're stoked that we've worked it out to stay at a super nice resort in Hawaii!

I always thought I wanted to go somewhere in the Caribbean since it would be fairly cheap and easy to get there but let's look at the following equation created by the math teacher in me:

Caribbean+October+Warm Water+Honeymoon = High possibility of Hurricanes

Hawaii was suggested by our wedding planner and I thought she was kind of crazy at first. Once I thought about it I realized we could go to the Caribbean just about any time and it would be easier to go there with kids. So now, while we are sans kids, is the best time to avoid (typically) those hurricanes we Southerners are used to and enjoy the magic of what Hawaii has to offer.

The social studies teacher in me is super excited to see Pearl Harbor, black sand beaches, and volcanoes. I think Blake is just excited to get west of the Mississippi. And in this unusually butt-freezing weather we've had lately, who can't be excited to be somewhere like this...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.



No comments: