Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry (late) Christmas! We've taken a break from wedding planning to enjoy Chrismtas with our families but I am itching to get things going. The coolest idea we came up with we found at church last Sunday. My church was bought out by a developer awhile back so we were forced to find land and build a new church. Well this new church is beautiful and amazing. I am pretty much stoked to get married there. When we went to worship last weekend the first thing you notice are these stars made out of wrapping paper and hung in the eves (ceiling) of the church.

First thing Blake says is "We need those at our wedding."... really babe? Do you understand how much folding and work that really is? I made the mistake of telling my mom and of course she has run with the idea. (I do love the idea, I think it will be beautiful, but I'm too tired to fold 200 origami stars.) So we have spread the word to close friends and family--we need silver and gold wrapping paper! Since that is most common around Christmas, we are off early this morning to buy out all the local Wal-Marts.

I'm going to see if I can get my GS to qualify this folding project as a "service project." I think they can definitely manage to fold these with me. If not, I can always have my students fold them for me... oh the joys of having close ties to quick and easy child labor!

But for now, man your battle stations. We are off to conquer Wally World, Lowe's, and the exciting world of the mall.

No comments: