I have written this post in my mind several times. This past weekend I spent some time with family and close friends and it just strengthened my feelings to share...
Once a couple makes the decision to have a child their world turns around. Until that child finally enters the picture life is a struggle. Unless you have walked in those same footsteps, you have no idea what it is like.
1) Once you relax, you'll get pregnant. Really? I had several people tell me that we weren't pregnant because I was too stressed out with my job and other social commitments. Really?!? I am incredibly Type-A and HAVE to be busy. I go nuts during the summer staying at home. "Relaxing" is not going to help us get pregnant. (Funny side note: I definitely got pregnant during the most stressful time of the school year -- EOG Testing...)
2) You should just stop trying. You've heard it before, "We got pregnant when we stopped trying." I don't believe that happens. Once you decide to start a family it's ALWAYS in the back of your mind. Every month that is your ultimate goal, even if you say you aren't trying. You may stop taking the medication or treatment but you are still "trying."
No comments:
Post a Comment