Immediately I began trying to figure out which pictures I wanted printed and just what sizes we needed to fill all those frames/albums we were given as wedding gifts. Of course, being the true Southerner I am, I wanted a big ole wedding picture printed and mounted to hang on our wall for everyone to see for years and years. There were some really sweet and great shots of the two of us but nothing really stood out to me as truly capturing the excitement and love felt between the two of us on the most important of days. A few months after receiving our pictures I figured out why... we were so rushed on the day of our wedding that we didn't take the time to take pictures of just the two of us.
Our wedding was wonderful. Amazing. And exactly how we wanted it. We wanted to be "traditional" by not seeing each other at all before the wedding and until I walked down the aisle so we didn't. We were at the church 4 hours before the ceremony getting ready and taking pictures with the bridal party but didn't see each other. Then 5:00 rolled around, the sanctuary was beyond full, music was playing, we were surrounded by the most amazing family, friends, and God. Our wedding was wonderful. By the time the church was empty and the family and bridal party pictures were taken we were receiving texts and Facebook comments to come enjoy the reception that all our guests were enjoying. So pictures of us were cut short. (And I promise I was one of those bride
Our wedding was wonderful. There are only 2 things I would change about our wedding: bridesmaids dresses and taking pictures before. (The BM dresses were fine, just didn't flatter all the girls... oh well.) I really wanted to be one of those brides that remembers so fondly the view of her groom at the alter on her wedding day. And that it was just us in that sanctuary. But that was so not the case. Let me tell you... walking down that aisle I had soo much more going through my mind than seeing my future husband. I was overwhelmed by the number of people who were there, I didn't want to trip, I wanted to smile and not cry, I wanted to see my future husband, I wanted to say, "hey" to my high school buds who I hadn't seen in forever, I wanted to hug my momma, I wanted to make sure my daddy didn't run down the aisle, and I just wanted to remember all of it. So that whole "moment" of "seeing" my future husband..... yea.... it flew out the window.
The feelings from a wedding can be imitated but not truly repeated. The one thing I regret was that Blake & I didn't get just 30 minutes together on our wedding day to really capture those feelings. While many people disagree (and I used to be one of them) and believe that you shouldn't see your fiance before the wedding, I feel that the "Sneak Peek" is awesome. It is such a special moment for the 2 of you to get to be with each other and enjoy a few minutes of peace in an incredibly hectic day. If I could change just one thing about our wedding it would be this... Blake & I would have met up beforehand to take pictures.
I'm glad that I figured this out before we were married for too long... and before our appearances changed too much. So we got back with our awesome Ginny, got dressed up, and took some more pictures. We're totally happy now. We have our picture to hang on the wall for years and years. And even a few for the Man Cave. Thanks, Ginny! You are amazing! :D




No comments:
Post a Comment