It's not quite midnight but it pretty much is for me (who normally goes to sleep at 8:30!)... I've been feeling very crafty lately and in a total mood to make things pretty (probably because everything in this house is some shade of BROWN!) so after putting the kids to bed tonight I got busy and made this...
I figure it's pretty and purple so it will go well in the classroom. It started off looking like this ...
(no... the time is not correct at this point.) I then cut out some pretty pretty paper by tracing the circumference of the clock. I punched a hole in the middle so it would go over the hands of the clock and we had this ...
If you look closely to the left of the red hand I made a biiiig boo boo. But I wasn't scared and I magically fixed it with extra paper then added the numbers (and a battery). I think it turned out pretty neat. It's amazing what a little paper and hot glue will do to an ordinary clock.
Total Cost: Clock from Ikea $1.99 + Paper from Michaels $0.59 + Numbers $2.99 = $5.60ish -- not bad! Next time I'm thinking a personalized clock or of course an ECU clock.
No comments:
Post a Comment