The title probably sounds like some crazy abbreviation for some crazy text language but it's not... It's just Couch to 5k. I've heard of the program for several years always thinking it would be "good" for me to do but yea... I'm not motivated. And then one of the moms from the Ulster Project was talking about it and gave me this website where you can download the podcast free. And free I like! I asked Blake if he wanted to join and surprisingly he did (well not so surprisingly because we have both gained the newlywed 9... or 20.) So I used a $50 egift card from Target to buy Blake an ipod shuffle, dusted off my old nano, bought myself some killer hot exercise clothes from TJ Maxx (because obviously I have to dress the part), found a hat to hide my do, and bought the fancy arm straps for the ipods. (Shew! So much for the "free" podcast.)
Finally today we went off on our first run. We loaded up the kids and headed over to my parents' hood because they have more than 3 streets and quite a few streets in the shade. I have to say I am really surprised that I enjoyed it. You warm up for 5 minutes then for the next 25 minutes you alternate running 60 seconds then walking for 90. I am really proud to say that I ran all but one of the 8 times she wants you to run. (You have to understand just how out of shape I am. I get out of breath going up our stairs...) And that one time I totally walked super fast. ANDDD I actually enjoyed the exercise! Afterwards I felt so energetic that I actually washed the dishes after dinner. (wow!)
Right now my legs feel very weak and I'm starting to get tired but hopefully we can keep motivated (which is easy to do with the girl on the podcast, Laura) and get to running a 5k in 9 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment