Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The week before

Saturday before the wedding was the Bridesmaids' Luncheon. I imagined a really nice morning brunch with my four bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and wedding planner. It was a really nice morning and we had a good time but geez.... nothing went right. The food we ordered was wrong, the service was less than stellar, and in the end I was just ready to be done with it. So I shrugged this off as what was going to go wrong with the wedding -- we went ahead and got it out of the way early. I still think everyone had a good time and I (hope) they loved their gifts.

Monday morning before the wedding it started to rain and it rained all day. Tuesday morning it was still raining. And it rained all day. Guess what was going on Wednesday morning? Yep. It was raining and it continued this way until Friday about noon. The entire week. It rained so much that school was canceled Thursday and Friday because the rivers had gotten too high, roads were flooding, and the sewage system at school was down. It was pretty funny watching me and my dad run into stores to pick up his suit & tux, then watching me and my mom dodging rain drops while picking up flowers and ferns for the church. We also had to take all the reception accessories to the City Hotel & Bistro in the rain. What fun! I was so scared that it was going to rain on Saturday ... I mean I did ask God for no hurricanes and for a beautiful day MONTHS. He sent rain the entire week before and a Tropical Storm. He's a pretty funny God.

I was so glad I took off Wednesday - Friday before the wedding. I had a chance to chill out, clean up the house, and run errands with the family. I was not nervous during these days... I was really excited and sat around finding random things to do to fill up the time.

Oh and by the way, the rain began again on Sunday morning as we were flying out of Greenville.

No comments: