Wedding favors are one of those things that seem to be a complete waste of money. I've gotten all kinds and you know what happens to them? They end up in the trash. Really. They do. Except for the koozies - I keep those because they are handy when we have parties. Everybody just ends up with someone's wedding around their drink.
We did a few favors - the first one we planned was a monetary donation to Stop Hunger Now immediately following the Haiti Earthquake in January. I went to Haiti in 2007 and the people there captured my heart. My brother had just gotten back from Haiti about a month before the earthquake struck. We donated one meal for each of the people who would be attending our wedding.
The second was a candy buffet. I LOVE candy and thought this would be neat. Apparently it was a hit because we had NO candy left by the time we got to the reception. Literally. None. And I hear it wasn't just the kids eating it all...
Our final favor were koozies. I didn't think they would be as big of a hit and I wanted to make sure that I didn't have 100 left over at the end of the night so I ordered 150. These were gone by the time we got there. None left. Apparently I should have ordered another 100.
Our favors were just small tokens of our appreciation for everybody who came to the wedding. We hope you enjoy(ed)! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment