Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Green Cleaning

So you saw that we're going organic, right? Well with this new purchase of ours we're also switching to all-green cleaning. It is my goal that there will be no cleaning product used in that house that isn't made from all natural ingredients. Since Blake's mom is coming to help us clean starting today, I made sure to create a cleaning supply kit just for her.

It's really not as crazy as you may think. After all, how did we clean before the use of all these chemicals in our cleaning products? White vinegar goes a long way. So I'm making my own glass cleaner but also buying some earth-friendly products. Target is amazing for this. We've been using 7th generation laundry detergent for awhile (and I LOVE it!) so now we're moving on to bigger and better things...

Mrs. Meyer's is great. There's a ton of different products and I love how the smell good actually stays smelling good for awhile.

Seventh Generation has a ton of products and I've enjoyed those too.

With the purchase of a brand new house I'm excited that I'm the only person who will be responsible for cleaning it. And since I'm the first I'm going to make every effort possible to keep unnecessary chemicals out of my house so that it is a healthy, earth-friendly place to live.

No comments: