Summer is over and I definitely didn't accomplish all that I wanted. (I mean, we REALLY didn't think I'd get everything done, huh?) But we have had a very productive summer. The house has been totally renovated and complete for almost two months now. I'm loving it, I just wish I had more time to clean and keep it looking all nice and new. Most of the wedding stuff is in place. I have all the presents wrapped, plans have been finalized on the reception and most of the music. I have started packing up boxes to take to the City Hotel for the reception & to the church for the ceremony. And the programs have been bought, now all we're waiting on are finalizations on the musicians so we can print the inserts. (Programs are another blog...)
So this weekend we have some big decisions to make -- what music we want/don't want at the reception, what songs we want played as we walk down the aisle, the timeline for the wedding weekend, transportation from the church to the City Hotel, how we're going to get luggage from one place to another... and probably even more that I haven't even thought about! We're going to buy Daddy a new suit for the rehearsal dinner (which is a big deal seeing as how he hasn't had a new suit since he married my mom!!) and I'm excited about that.
I am back to teaching full time now and in school part time. My weeks are full of lesson planning and research on middle grades students. There's very little time for wedding planning but that's ok. Right now, my students are the most important thing in my life. The wedding will take care of itself (wow... that's definitely not like me to think that!) and I've delegated some very responsible people to take care of all the little things that are going to go on.
No comments:
Post a Comment