Ohhh thank goodness they'll be over at the end of this week! As much as I hate to say it, it's almost impossible not to "teach to the test." So much rides on those stinking tests that it's all we can do to not pass that stress on to our students.
I remember taking the End of Grade tests when I was in school but it was really no big deal. Yes the tests measured how much we had grown since the previous year but they didn't keep us from passing or failing nor did they measure how "good" your teacher was.
As a first year teacher I am terrified. I have faith that my kids will do well but there's that little bit of chance and unknown (I mean, since I can't simply TELL them to cricle B instead of D... or give those little hints) that have me nervous. There are a few students that I'm really worried about so they'll get special prayers.
I wrote notes to each one of my students telling them how well I think they'll do on their tests. They'll get these Monday before tests start on Tuesday. And as an added incentive, we've promised that all the Level 3s & 4s will get to throw water balloons at their teachers. Hopefully that will encourage some to take their time and find the BEST answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment