Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Upcoming Appointment

I have an appointment Friday with my OB/GYN. I have a feeling we will get some answers and make a plan for this lack of ovulation thing.

I wanted to blog about this experience because I feel as though I am suffering alone. No one I work with or talk to on a regular basis has openly discussed infertility. And it's not even infertility that I know of, just irregular cycles or annovulation. I wanted to open up so that others who I may know only through Facebook or the internets will know that it is normal. And there are people who struggle.

We shouldn't be surprised that I am on Cycle Day 60. From age 11 to 17 I never had regular periods. I would have like 4 a year. The doctors weren't too concerned about that and put me on birth control to regulate life. (And oh how I loved being able to KNOW down to the HOUR when I could expect Aunt Flo!) They said if there were issues it would be found when it came time to have children. Fast forward 8 years and here we are! I have a feeling (thanks Dr. Google) that I probably have PCOS. I have several of the symptoms plus I gained 15+ pounds as soon as I went off birth control (which was an experience! Who knew you go through BC withdrawl?!?).

I'm interested to see what the Dr recommends. Part of me wants to wait and see if life regulates but the other part of me wants to get this show on the road.

No comments: