To cap off our year of travel we decided to go with our ECU Pirates to their bowl game in New Orleans. I went to NOLA 18 months after Katrina on a mission trip so I was really excited to go back. Blake had never been. Plus we just purchased a new Honda Civic (ballin' gas milage!) so we decided we'd have one final trip before the new year.
There was definitely a party-like atmosphere all throughout the city. Even though we lost we had a great time. The people of Louisiana were so welcoming and happy to have us. The other team was only 1 hour away so of course we (14 hours away) were at a major disadvantage. Their fans didn't treat us like crap though... almost all of them stopped us on the street and said, "Thanks for coming!" Like really?!? That's awesome. I wish I could say ECU would be that gracious hosting a bowl game but I'm not so sure.
This caps off our year of travel. In 2012 we've visited the following states:
1) North Carolina
2) Virginia
3) Washington, DC
4) South Carolina
5) Nevada
6) Utah
7) Colorado
8) New Mexico
9) Arizona
10) Washington
11) Alaska
12) Georgia
13) Alabama
14) Mississippi
15) Las Vegas
16) Florida (Blake - Daytona 500 trip)
Whew! 2013 looks to be a little calmer. My brother is getting married in April and I'm sure we'll be going to visit them several times. We don't like to sit still long so I'm sure we'll have some kind of trip going on. Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment