Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christmas in April

That's what me and my best friend growing up, Whitney, called my birthday. No one seems to really embrace the term as much as the two of us but Christmas in April is always great.

The past year has been a whirlwind for me... I finished up my first year teaching and started year #2, changed my last name, had the dream honeymoon, bought a house, and finished up my Master's. I'm hopeful this next year will be a bit more relaxed.

Rachel gave me a card last night at dinner that really sums up how I feel about the past year...

"Whew--what a year! 
You deserve to sit back
with a pillow under your feet,
an umbrella in your drink,
and the absolute conviction,
that you, my friend,
are one hell of an amazing woman." 

Not that I think I'm all that amazing but that's pretty much how I feel. On to another fun, exciting year!

No comments: